Description
The Church of San Sebastiano, in the hamlet of Piedipaterno, was built on the site where the older Church of San Costanzo stood, mentioned in documents as early as 1253 and governed by the Abbey of Sant’Eutizio.
It became a parish following the suppression of the monastery of Santa Maria dell`Eremita, which was entrusted with the care of souls.
Inside there are a 17th-century wooden altar; a late Renaissance baptismal font built in 1603 (cylindrical in shape with stone sculptures by Lombard stonecutters). Various canvases are on the altars, but the oldest is the Enthroned Madonna and Child from the 13th century. In the sacristy is a piece of furniture decorated with two silhouettes of dragons.